203 MLK Dr., Opp, AL 36467 | Phone: 334-493-0785 | Email Us
Provide the tools and means for a Veterans Outreach and Support Facility for both the veteran and their family.
To enhance and safeguard the entitlements for all American Veterans who have served honorably and to improve the quality of life for them, their families, and the communities where they live, through Leadership, Advocacy, and Services.
Our foundational purpose is to get veterans out of the house, out of the dark, out into the light in comradery to prevent more suicides. Mission 22 is a national program focused on prevention of the 22 veterans a day that commit suicide in the US. The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What We Do:
1. The center is working directly with Veterans Services offering counseling sessions, crisis intervention, assistance with VA benefits and service related awards.
2. Information on a variety of issues online and in written form provided.
3. Stop by or call the center for dates and times the counselors and social workers are available. Agencies we are working with:
- Comfort Care Hospice Veterans Outreach Services
- VA Mobile Vet Center
- 22nd Judical Court Veterans Treatment Program