AMVETS is dedicated to supporting veterans and active military, providing community services and preserving freedom.
AMVETS will accomplish this mission by:
- Serving our country in peace and in war; building and maintaining the welfare of the United States of America toward lasting prosperity and peace for all its inhabitants.
- Encouraging, in keeping with policies of our Government, the establishment of a concrete plan to secure permanent international peace and assisting in the maintenance of international peace.
- Inspiring in our membership a sense of responsibility and developing leadership for the preservation of our American democratic way of life.
- Helping to unify divergent groups in the overall interest of American democracy.
- Training our youth to become purposeful citizens in a democracy with full knowledge of the responsibilities as well as the privileges of citizenship.
- Cooperating with all duly recognized existing veterans organizations in the furtherance of the aims of the American veterans who have served or are serving in the Armed forces of the United States during and since World War II.
- Insuring the orderly return of the veterans to civilian life by protecting their rights as individuals while still in uniform.
- Expediting and assisting in the rehabilitation of the veteran by maintenance of employment services, sponsoring educational opportunities, providing counseling of insurance, housing, recreation, personal problems, hospitalization, and veterans' benefits.
- Acting as liaison agent between the veteran and all levels of Government.
- Providing an organization to encourage fellowship among all American veterans who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of the United States during and since World War II.
- Keeping the public forever reminded that American veterans who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of the United States during and since World War II fought and served to preserve peace, liberty, and democracy for their nation.